Yesterday I took part in a focus group for teachers looking at providing advice and information to our Board of Education, and Ministry of Education, about how to address mental health issues in our schools. We talked about the concerns, and the needs of teachers, to support our ever growing number of students who are struggling with anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns.
We talked about the need for Social workers, Child and Youth Workers, Mental Health nurses. We talked about the need for training and PD for teachers and other school staff. We talked about the need for time for school and community partners to meet and strategize. Mostly we talked about how worried we are about our kids, and how ill prepared most of us feel about being able to help them.
One resource I wanted to share with you is Making a Difference: An Educator’s Guide to Child and Youth Mental Health Problems. It comes from this website.
Hope you find it helpful.
- esingaporetutor likes this
- josiete likes this
- iteachwithit likes this
- marybaakenstein reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- mamitah likes this
- laprofesorarevolucionaria reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- kittypiano likes this
- followtheblackroses likes this
- parttimepunk138 likes this
- aliceincrohnsland likes this
- lyricalist reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- petiteviking reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- stumblingbohemian likes this
- ayefranknitti reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- oxyphyle likes this
- sunflower40 likes this
- sarasalibechor likes this
- monie2325 likes this
- paperbackworld likes this
- vannizza likes this
- mochuinne reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- foxwinzor likes this
- life-as-a-music-ed-major likes this
- somemotherfuckingkid reblogged this from coloursinaflower
- powerofstudentvoice reblogged this from coloursinaflower and added:
- everyfiredies likes this
- coloursinaflower posted this